Project Director (20 hours/week)
The Project Director is responsible for the overall operation of the Western Pennsylvania Disability History and Action Consortium (WPDHAC). The mission of the WPDHAC is to preserve and honor the historic struggle of people with disabilities to attain human and civil rights and to share the lived experiences of today, in order to promote community access, participation and equal opportunity. Reports to the Executive Committee of the WPDHAC Steering Committee.
- Works with the Executive Committee of the Steering Committee to set long-term goals and the strategic plan for the Consortium.
- Identifies sustainable funding sources, develops and submits grant proposals to funders. Meets with funders upon request.
- Prepares and submits required reports to funders.
- Oversees progress on Consortium projects and benchmarks.
- Maintains budgets and creates financial reports for funders and Achieva, the fiscal sponsor.
- Oversees marketing, public relations, and social media for WPDHAC.
- Manages virtual and in person events and programs.
- Works with Achieva to hire, supervise and manage staff and independent contractors.
- Oversees Steering Committee members and community volunteers in the development and implementation of Consortium projects.
- Serves as spokesperson for the Consortium with the media, funders and in other contexts.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree and /or 1-2 years of related experience with fundraising, strategic planning, volunteer and staff management, and budget management. Proven ability to problem-solve and work effectively with funders and other professionals. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to set priorities and organize multiple tasks. Ability to work well both independently and with others. Ability to travel locally. Computer literacy. Act 33/34 clearances.
Send resume and salary requirement to: Nancy Murray, Senior VP of Achieva, 711 Bingham Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203 or email@example.com.